Sley the dent is a weaving term that means to thread the warp yarns through the reed. An exacting process and a good time to listen to an audio book.
But for me, the phrase conjures images of myself as an ancient goddess of weaving and warfare brandishing my sley hook in one hand and my shuttle in the other, doing battle with the goblins that are trying to tangle my warp threads.
sleythedent (at) gmail (dot) com 508 . 868 . 5252
Follow me on Facebook
I’m a deviant ?!? Go to deviantART to see a gallery of my textile experiments.
For a current list of items for sale, visit my Etsy shop. The link is over there <<—–
I also have a second Etsy shop called ThrumsAndThings, where you’ll find fiber tools and knitted and felted items.
Interesting Places Interesting Links
- Concord Arts Market, summer Saturdays in Bicentennial Square, Concord NH
- stART on the Street, Worcester MA September and December
- International Year of Natural Fiber (great fiber information)
- Strapworks suppliers of superb strap stuff
- Namemaker woven clothing labels
- Gowdey Reed reeds and heddles for looms
- Maine Fiber College a wonderful weekend of fiber fun. Annually, the weekend after Labor Day
- New Hampshire Sheep and Wool Festival second or third weekend in May
- New Hampshire Weavers Guild
- NEWS New England Weavers Seminars (Even if you can’t be there for the whole weekend of classes; going to see the vendors, gallery exhibits, guild exhibits, and fashion exhibit is worth the trip. These features are free and open to the public.) July 11-14, 2019
- League of NH Craftsmen Fair Aug 4-12, 2018 definitely worth a trip
- Nashoba Valley Weavers’ Guild a guild in north central Massachusetts